Thursday, 16 April 2009

Honestly Opaque?

I've been wrestling with this particular blog of late. My goal is to express some level of honesty, however, in so doing I wish to remain at least partially anonymous, not for my sake, but for the sake of the lives of others that will invariably weave with my own professions, confessions, and obsessions.
Chances are, if you're one of the few who've stumbled here as of yet, it's because we lie within a few meager degrees of separation socially, relationally, or otherwise. It wouldn't be a stretch to assume that I'll eventually make an ass out of myself, and I'm okay with that. What I admit of myself, I freely admit, but what is revealed of others, by way of my own testimonials, I trust those who know me to exercise adequate discretion; if you know, don't ask, if you don't, don't ask, and either way, please don't post or tell names I'm intentionally changing, or inquire as to circumstances intentionally clouded, for privacy's sake.

I'm only writing this preliminary caution because I spent a good portion of my day reading through some old e-mails (I keep almost anything and everything worth keeping that I write) and thought that posting selections from them here might be a good way to start to open up on the level I hope to achieve. So I'll be posting "Selected Correspondence" in the foreseeable future, only my side of it, of course, but if it sounds familiar, it could very well be because you were the recipient of these very words in the past, and I hope you won't mind my sharing them now for my own growth, and perhaps some manner of relative comfort to someone else who may find worth in such distanced discourse. All such posts will be edited for privacy (and contain commentary, like so); we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment